Monday 21 October 2013

Kaisercraft Garage Days - Tool Box

Back again with another Off The Page Project using the ever so great Garage Days Collection from Kaisercraft.  I started with the raw flatpack pieces from the BTP Tool Box (SB2227).


 The next thing to do was to sort out what I was planing on using and where. Once that was all sorted and I had come up with a plan of attack, I started to stick and cut the pieces of paper to the sections I wanted covered. The next step was to work out what I was doing with the blank uncovered sections. I used Tim Holtz distress metallic paint to paint the base of the tool box to give it a metal look.

I also created a wood veneer look for the edges and the inside of the ends. I did this by first applying Tim Holtz Distress Ink to the area, then stamp the area using the same ink and a wood grain stamp, and finally applying a thin coat of crackle accents.

I also covered all the paper with a sealer to protect it in use. I didn't overly decorate this as I am hoping it will be able to be used as a simple toolbox for inside tools. Hope you enjoyed it and don't forget that you can buy all the materials at A Fastlane Scrappe Supplies:-)





Kaisercraft - Garage Days Collection and Basecoat  Paper Timber(P1257)
Kaisercraft Texture Stamp - Wood Grain (CS837)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Crackle Acssents
Helmar - Acid Free Glue (purple label)

No comments:

Post a Comment